If you are viewing this message on a mobile device scroll to the bottom of the page and click the ":View Web Version" option to be able to see the additional page links.
Welcome back to another semester of Physical Education at the LCI:) All first day locations are posted in physical locations outside of all gym spaces, in the main office, on the PE Schedules board outside of the cafeteria and also on the schedules page of this website. There will also be hall announcements the first day helping you to find where you are going.All PE Students/Classes:
- On the site you will find links to all schedules and email contacts for your teachers.
- There will also be useful information put up throughout the semester to help you navigate the comings and goings of all things PE.
- All course outlines and medical waivers can be found on the "Schedules, Information and Policies" page
- The Remind App for mobile device and computer is used for contacting and reminding students about upcoming activities and/or last minute changes due to unforeseen circumstances. Please take the time to install the free app on your mobile device or on your computer (or both). The link can be accessed through the Remind App picture on the left of the website or you can search it up in your browser. Individual teachers will give you instructions as to how to access their Remind classes.
Information Specific to Grade Levels:
- Will be able to access the website to find information about upcoming health units, gym units that may require special instruction (eg. Dance)
- Will find information about special instruction for units (eg. Dance)
- Has its own page with information specific to the individual course and curricular requirements (eg. Journal and logbook assignment)
COVID Information for PE Classes:
- Changerooms will be provided with staggered 5 minutes changing times to allow for social distancing. Face masks are required while in the change rooms. If you require a private change room, please talk to your teacher. If you can, come changed out and ready to go.
- Upon entry into the gym- hand sanitization must occur
- If equipment is being shared, hand sanitization will occur before and after skills/drills and game play.
- Teacher will have their own teaching bins which will include hand sanitizer, Kleenex, sprayers, extra face masks for emergencies, and pool noodles for tag games.
- Activities will be done outdoors until the weather prohibits us from participating outdoors. Be prepared!
- Student will enter and exit our gymnasium through separate doors.
- Equipment is cleaned and disinfected after every use.
RECOMMENDATIONS for Phys Ed
- Balaclava/buff style face protection. (easier on breathing during physical activity)
- Use your voice to encourage classmates/peers, or air high-fives!
- Bringing a water bottle is a MUST.
- Keep your distance from others when you can.
- Ask your peers for clarification, from a safe distance before approaching your teacher.
- Enter from the west side doors of the gymnasium (by the Ram room and canteen).
- Communication with your teacher is key, it is better for us to have more information than less to keep you and others safe!
- My digital Health AB is a good resource for up to date information on your health records, including any COVID-19 testing. https://myhealth.alberta.ca/myhealthrecords
- If you are presenting any COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home! List of COVID-19 symptoms: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/topics/page16997.aspx#sign
- The LCI website will be updated frequently. https://lci.lethsd.ab.ca/
Please look over the Return to School Plan 2020 which is found on our LCI website for additional information: